Monday, December 31, 2012

Meeteetse

I went to Meeteetse last weekend to help celebrate Bill Bain's birthday and retirment party on Saturday.  Mom had made a quick day trip to Hardin just before Christmas so that she could get some of her Christmas cards read before Christmas.  She asked if I could come down for the party.  No problem as long as it doesn't storm.

Jennifer's schedule worked out that she had the weekend off so we made the trip with me.  We did get a storm on Christmas Eve but the weather was nice all week, just on the cold side.  Mom had called me on Thursday asking what the weather in Hardin was doing, it was snowing in Meeteetse that day.  We had nice weather.

Had nice weather all weekend, the roads were clear until I got to Meeteetse and the road to Grandma's house was on the icy side.  First we had to stop in Billings to pick up some whiskey and we got a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream.  We had to get some luggage tags for our trip to Hawaii which we leave on Saturday bright and early.

Jennifer and I got into Meeteetse around 1:30, we then visited until it was time to leave for Worland.  Grandma didn't make the trip as it was too late and she can't sit for long periods of time.  We left for Worland at 4:30 to give us plenty of time to get to Worland by 6:00.

We got into Worland at 5:30, found the Elks Club and we got a great parking space right out in front.  Found the relatives and a place to sit.  The only people I knew were the Bain's all the others I didn't know.  We had a good time, the food was good.  It was a potluck buffet with brisket, different salads, meat & cheese trays and veggie trays.  Bill said that Judy had half of Worland cooking briskets.

It was nice to see the relatives, we got back to Meeteetse around 10:30.  I drove home at night.

On Sunday we went to church, then back to the house to visit a bit more.  I came home with some more candy and some of the brisket.  We ate lunch in town at the Elk Horn, then Jennifer and I came home.

I was able to get a four generation photo before leaving.  I was practicing with the timer on my camera.  I have 10 seconds to get into the photo.  Works great if I don't have very far to go.  My choices are 2 seconds or 10.

1 comment:

Mmom said...

Dang! We're a good looking bunch. Happy New Year.