Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Resolution for 2013

I always make resolutions for the new year and it is always the same, to lose weight.  This year I'm doing something different.  My resolution for 2013 is to save money.

I am going to save all the money that I would spend on the candy machine at the courthouse for the year.  Every work day I will buy a candy bar at .75 and when I figured out how much was going into the machine, I can use that money for a trip or something.

There are approximately 260 work days in a year and at .75 that will be a savings of $195.  I am actually going to save $4 per week, going to throw in the extra quarter at the end.  I actually started saving on the 31st, no sense to start saving in the middle of the week.

I just need to find a jar to put all the coins in, right now I'm using an old wallet but it won't hold all the coins in a couple weeks.  Just need a small jar. To get my candy fix I bought a bag of the bite sized snickers.

As of today I already saved $2.25.