Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Added Job Duties

Last spring when I agreed to help the Elections Clerk stuff absentee envelopes for the Primary Election has turned into an added job for me.  Just that action alone has made me an Elections Clerk.

I did get the envelopes stuffed and it was about a week later when the County Commissioners had a meeting with Sandy and me to have us help Elections during the election cycle as she wasn't getting any cooperation with the office right across the hall from her.  We both said that would not be a problem.

I had elections equipment added to my computer and I was able to sit up here in my office and enter voters and such. 

Just a couple weeks ago the Elections Clerk was complaining to the commissioners that I wasn't putting in my time in the elections office.  Sandy and I both had the impression during the spring meeting that I was just supposed to help during the election cycle and that it wasn't to be all the time. What we didn't know was that the county was taking half of my wages out of the elections budget.

By the flick of a pen I am now working in Superintendent of Schools/ Elections/ DUI Task Force Coordinator and am on the Insurance Committee.  I am supposed to be getting a new job description but have to see it yet.

When I do get my new job description I have alot of questions. I want alot of assurances and I think I will ask for a bump in pay.  Afterall my work load has increased threefold now.  October 2015 is looking pretty good right now, that is when I will have my 30 years in with the county.

1 comment:

Mary~Momathon said...

The county is lucky to have you wearing so many of their hats. Hope they give you a bump.