Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Crazy Montana Weather

Sunday we had the craziest weather ever.  Saturday was so nice in the 60's that we went on a ride.  Friends from Billings came to Hardin, we ate lunch at the 4 Aces then rode the Sarpy Loop.  Stopped in Custer for a drink of soda, then we came home while our friends headed back to Billings.

Sunday was a beautiful day in the morning, temps in the high 50's.  Then the storm hit around 3:00 in the afternoon.  Big Horn County had a thunderstorm and high winds warning.

I left for the pool around this time and the wind really started to pick up.  You couldn't see Pine Ridge because of all the dust.  The wind was so strong that it was buffeting my car around while I headed for the pool.  I had a hard time opening the car door and the wind even knocked be back a couple steps before I could get inside.  The garbage dumpersters at the pool were scattered.  One was in the street and the other one was wedged between two cars.

Got on the treadmill, mp3 player plugged in and jogging along to the tunes.  I could hear loud thunder and then I heard a loud popping sound.  Wasn't sure if it was the treadmill or not, then I saw the kids get out of the pool and look out the windows.  It was hail hitting the roof, looked like pea sized hail lasted about 5 minutes.  Rain then snow, still couldn't see Pine Ridge.

All of this occurred in an hour.  We didn't lose our electricity which was good when I'm jogging at a good clip on the treadmill.  No damage, a couple trees and limbs are down but nothing like two years ago.  My trees are all good and so is Mom's. 

No comments: