Wednesday, July 3, 2013

New Glasses

Picked up my new glasses last night and it is going to take a bit to get used to.  I had to have a stronger prescription this time and progressive bifocals.  I had bifocals with my old prescription but the lens were no line bifocals.  I also went with a new frame style, instead of the oval I usually wear, I went with a rectangle frame. 

It was funny during the exam, the dr. must have told me about 10 times that I am 50 years old.  My eyes are older too.  Eyes sort of work like a zoom lens on a camera when you look from close to far, mine don't zoom because I'm 50.  Seems like when a person turns 50 things fall apart, but not at 49.

I didn't get the transition lenses this time, I had spent time going back and forth from the exam room to the vision center that getting transition lenses wasn't in the order.  No problem I bought clip on sun glasses that so far are working just fine.  I liked the transitions because they would darken up right away when I got outside, but the down side was they would not lighten up as fast when I came inside. 

It took only a week for these new ones to come in, when I picked them up last night I was told to give it about a week to get used to them as the progressive is different from what I had before.  If things don't focus right after a week, I'm to go back and they will fix it.

It is taking a while to focus on the bifocal part, seems like things are very fuzzy.  Right now it is hard to see the computer screen unless I cock my head a certain way.  Reading a book, I can read better without the glasses then with.  I will do as told and wait a week.

My insurance paid 100% on the frames and lenses and all but $4 on the eye exam.  Beginning this year, insurance will pay for sunglasses.  Since I got these in the last insurance year, I can get sunglasses this year.  Going to wait and see how I focus with this prescription first.  If I decide to get the sunglasses, then will talk to them about getting the no line bifocals.

1 comment:

Mary~Momathon said...

Good thing he reminded you repeatedly how old you are, because at age 50, people tend to forget.