Friday, February 13, 2015

Girl's Night

Last night I went to Billings with friends for a girl's night.  We went out to dinner and the saw the movie "Fifty Shades of Grey". I went with my friends Dulcie Bear Don't Walk and Nikki Weigand.  Dulcie's niece also joined us.

Dulcie and I read all the books and when we found out that the movie was going to be made months ago we talked about having a girl's night as our husbands told us No Way were they going to this movie.  It was fun.

I drove, we left after work and had our tickets for the 8:00 showing.  Dulcie had to go to Helena this week, so on  her way home she stopped at the theater and bought our advance tickets.

We went in my car, had to pick up Dulcie's niece at Rocky then we ate at Straw Hat Pizza.  It was by the theater so very convenient.  None of us had eaten there before so we decided to give it a try.  It was very good, we bought the special which was $38, we got a large pizza, an appetizer combo and 4 drinks.  We split it four ways which ended up being $9.50 each.  I paid first, gave the cashier $20 and she gave me $17.50 in change.  Being the honest person that I am, told her that she gave me too much change.  She had a hard time because her computer told her that I was supposed to get that much back.  No, I should only get $10.50 back.  The other's paid with exact change.  She had to call a manager over and they got it figured out.

We got to the movie in plenty of time, since I was full from dinner I just bought a medium coke and a box of chocolate covered raisins.  Couldn't eat all of it, but took it home because they cost a pretty penny.  It was $10 for the coke and candy.  Yikes!!!

The theater was filled with mostly women, there were a couple brave men who came to the movie.  We all enjoyed the movie and it was fun watching Dulcie's niece throughout the movie, she covered her eyes quite a bit.

She said that the book was required reading for one of her psychology classes, they were studying fetishes.

It was quite late by the time I got home after dropping everyone off. The movie would have been out sooner if they didn't show 20 minutes worth of previews.  Dragging a bit here at work.  It was a fun night.  We should have these girl's nights more often.

While I was at the movie, Gary went to our HOG Chapter's dinner ride.  Our chapter meets once a month for dinner just to get together. He got home before I did.


1 comment:

Mmom said...

Sounds like it was fun just to get away for awhile. But I'm with Gary on the movie part. I'd rather go with the Hog dinner and ride.