Monday, February 9, 2015

Meeteetse Visit

I went to Meeteetse over the weekend for a visit.  I had to bring stuff down to Mom anyway and with nice weather made for a good road trip.  It sure was an eventful one with no power at Grandma's house for three days.

The Grandma's lost power on Thursday night sometime and didn't get it back until Monday morning. The town of Meeteetse had power though.  The Grandma's were fine at the country house as Grandma has a propane heater and gas cook stove.  Mom took all the perishable food to her town house.  It also helped that the weather was warm, temperatures in the high 40's to low 50's and in the 30's at night.

We had a good time just visiting and it was nice.  Grandma was getting alot of phone calls from concerned friends.  It was funny, they would call Mom and Grandma would ask me what it was about.  I told her that people wanted to help Mom move her to the town house.  Grandma's very strong reply was I'm not moving!!!

Mom stayed in contact with the power company for updates.  Apparently 13 poles were knocked down due to high winds.  They had to get new poles from Casper, then the crews had difficulty with the weather and it was very muddy so had troubles with their heavy equipment.

It would have been too difficult moving her and she would not be comfortable at the town house.  Mom did say that if the temperatures were sub-freezing, Grandma would have been moved, but they were fine.  It was not bad at all.

Mom and I went to church Saturday evening, I met the new priest then we ate dinner afterwards.  I even got in on the church meeting.  I told the priest that I'm not a parishioner and that I couldn't make a decision on how to spend the church's money.  Anyway the priest wanted my opinion so I gave it.

While I was there, we celebrated Kevin's birthday.  With no power I wasn't able to post the photo of us until I got home to Hardin.
Celebrating Kevin's birthday


I stayed in the town house.  Couldn't connect to any internet, apparently Mom's neighbors made their internet connection secured.  It was nice to be unconnected for a couple days.

I came home Sunday afternoon.  It was a good visit and will have to go back after the Florida trip.






1 comment:

Mmom said...

It was a good visit. Come back more often. I was asked if I was living in my town house as they'd seen more activity there lately. I said " you just never know what I'm up to."