Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How Was Your Day?

I hope your day was better than mine. Today started out great. Jennifer and I left town but stopped and bought our special coffee. We even got one free. Once I got to Billings Jennifer wanted to be dropped off at the mall and then I made my way to my dental appointment. I got there early so that I could hear what this expermental dental thing was about.

Finds out that it's not an experment but just a survey. I can do surveys, so I did. I even got a water bottle for participating. It's a survey for a college in Oregon and once they get all of their results I will get a copy. It deals with dental treatment for the northwest area. Very painless.

I sat in the chair to get my teeth cleaned, that wasn't so bad I didn't even have to get numb for it. Piece of cake, then I sat in another chair to get the molds taken. Here is were the bad part comes in. The doc said I needed to have a tooth pulled. Ok, I can deal with that, when does he want to schedule that. Great just what I need. I had one that was loose and it just didn't tighten up, at least not good enough for him. He pulled it today. Here I thought I was getting out of having shots in my mouth. He pulled the tooth, then I had the molds taken. I go back in two weeks, by then all the metal stuff will be done and then I will have a wax alignment done. What they will do is put in all the metal in my mouth, then for the teeth I will have wax and then I can make sure that things are set to how I want them. It will then take a couple days to have the acrylic teeth and then voila I will have my teeth. Good thing because I am truly getting tired of all these dental visits. Since September I have been to the dental office once every month since then and I even have an appointment in March. I am scheduled for another cleaning in May. I surely hope that I can get through April without a dental visit. I do know Gary is getting a bit upset, he feels that I'm being taken for a ride.

After my dental appointment I also had an eye appointment in the afternoon. Figured this can't be too bad, I got there early but the doc had gone to lunch. So much for trying to get in early. He checked my eyes and now I need bifocals. This time I bought two pairs of glasses, one with the bifocals for everyday wear, they are also transition lenses. I also bought a pair of prescription sunglasses, just single vision lens. I didn't realize how expensive bifocals are. After insurance I paid $425 for glasses. I currently have transition lenses and I like them, however, when I drive they just don't darken enough. The receptionist asked me if I wanted my sunglasses bifocal. No thank you, single will be fine. I won't be wearing the sunglasses at work or for reading. The good thing is that I don't have any signs of eye diseases. He dialated my eyes, so it was fun trying to sign papers. I did drive home all right, he gave me a pair of sunglasses that just slide under my regular glasses. Good thing because it was a pretty bright day. It only took a couple hours for my eyes to get back to normal.

The good side of the day is that we paid the balance on our Ireland trip. We even got $100 discount for paying off early. I thought the discount was already figured, but no, so we got to pay less than before. Now I owe Mom $100. I did ask all of Mom's questions to the travel agent and things will be fine.

Jennifer bought a new suitcase today. She found one she liked at Wal-Mart for $34. I said that was a good deal, but didn't know if she wanted to shop around. She said no. Turns out that was a good thing. She got her 25" suitcase for $10. I was shocked but her receipt did say that it was a 25" upright travel case. She paid, even the clerk said that for that price she would buy one even though she didn't need one. There was nothing saying that it was on sale. No other price stickers, just the one that said $34. You can't beat that. Jennifer is pretty happy.

That was how my day went, got another tooth pulled and eyes dialated.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Another tooth? That dentist is probably making a mint off of you, but if you need the work done, you need it done.

Question for you: Who gets to leave the tooth for the tooth fairy and collect the loot, you or the dentist? Just curious!

You can order glasses online for a lot cheaper than you can buy them! All you do is type in your prescription. I got my glasses for $40 including frame, lenses, and shipping. You can get transition lens and bifocal too. I will put the link back on my blog, I didn't realize I don't have it there any longer.

The optometrist is taking you for a ride!

Heli gunner Tom said...

I heard that because there are not too many churches in your state that a few families just join together for Bible study once a week.

Tom