Thursday, February 19, 2009

Where is Your Camera When You Need It

Last weekend, Gary took Jennifer and I out for lunch in Billings. Jennifer picked Dos Machos as she was in the mood for Mexican food. We didn't do anything special just got out of Hardin for a few hours. On our drive up there were tons of antelope out in the fields and I didn't bring my camera. I rushed out of the house in a hurry and didn't grab it. Not to worry as Gary and I were going back up to Billings on Sunday.

We had a nice lunch, we all had our drinks. Gary drank his beer, Jennifer had a virgin daquari (smoothie) and I had a margarita blended. There was so much salt in my drink that all I could taste was salt. I couldn't drink it, way too salty. Lesson learned, order no salt. Our first stop was the Harley dealership. My hat hasn't come in yet, but Jennifer did buy a cute top. She found it on the clearance shelf. Most of the sizes are either small or extra small, anyway she found a cute top. I think she paid too much even on clearance, but it's her own money. I did find a cute denim jacket I liked, but I'm not paying $185 for it. After lunch we wandered around Wal-Mart. Found Mom a wind up travel clock that she has been looking for so we bought it. Will give it to her when she comes back up this way.

We got home around 4:00 in the afternoon, so made supper and then we just watched movies the rest of the night. Robert did call to wish me a Happy Valentines Day. It was good to talk to him, even for a bit.

On Sunday Gary and I went back up to Billings for the HOG Chapter meeting. This time I was prepared, I grabbed my camera and was going to take some great shot of the antelope. On this trip there was not one antelope around, not even any kind of creature out in nature. I was so disappointed. We got to our meeting and it was very short. Basically it was a waste of time for us to drive up to Billings for it. The good thing is we got paper copies of the calendar so now we can start planning our summer.

Already looking at it we do have some conflicts with the Patriot Guard Riders group, but we will work around that. We can't do everything. Looks like it's going to be a busy summer. June is already filled up. We are going on the Gambler's Run to Deadwood for 4 days and then two weeks after that is the state HOG Rally. Gary volunteered to work for that. Not too sure what he will be doing, but doing something.

2 comments:

Living With Cavemen said...

Isn't that how it always works with the camera? I keep my little point & shoot one in my purse, but right now it has no batteries in it, so it's not doing me much good.

Glad you are filling up your summer with fun things to do.

Mary said...

oh, of course those dumb beasts aren't going to pose for the camera. sounds like my kind of luck!