Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Robert



Today my oldest child is 26, hard to believe. I can vividly remember this day 26 years ago. If you ask me what I remember six months ago I probably couldn't tell you. A mother never forgets that day her first child was born.

I don't get to see him as much as I would like to. He moved away from home to Idaho. It's really not that far a six hour drive but it feels like he moved to the east coast. I do talk to him about once a month. He has learned to stay in touch with his mother. Probably saves him some embarrassment.

When he calls he always tells me that he is alive and kicking, very good words for a mother to hear.
The first picture he was about 3 years old and the second one he was 25. I took that one in October when I saw him for lunch on my way to California.
Happy Birthday Son!!!!! Have a great one.

2 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

Happy Birthday, Robert! I love that picture of him riding his trike. Wish we still had that coat, I'd let Gracie and Libby wear it!

Living With Cavemen said...

Happy Belated birthday Robert! Oh my 26. I can hardly believe that. How fast it goes.