Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Shopping Excursions

Yesterday I went shopping with my Mom and daughter. Mom had an appointment to get her car serviced before she goes on her road trips this summer. I followed her up. Once she dropped off her car and signed the paperwork we went shopping. It was going to take half a day before her car was done anyway.

Our first stop was Wal-Mart. We had fun shopping for wedding stuff for Katie. We didn't bother looking for clothes here, as nothing was catching our eye, especially for something to wear for a wedding. We spent two hours just milling around looking at stuff. I did manage to get some birthday cards bought.

Our next stop was Rimrock Mall. We stopped at the jewelers so that Mmom could get a battery for her watch. We then made our way towards JC Penney. First we stopped into CJ Banks just to look. They didn't have Mmom styles. Nice clothes, but most of the displays had capri pants and that wasn't what we were looking for. They did have some nice blouses, but we passed on those anyway.

We made our way into JC Penney. Showed Mmom the dress that I bought and I found another cute dress that I may buy later on. She had tried on some dresses but nothing for her. We did find some cute slacks and blouses, real cute. She did try on those, but they just didn't quite fit right. I found a sales lady for some help and she steered me in the right direction.

Mmom did find some nice slacks and a blouse, real cute. It's not a real fancy outfit, but good enough for the wedding and she can also wear it for other occasions. She bought some gray slacks and her blouse it red, pink and greens. It also came with a shell so that she can wear the blouse with or without the shell.

After all the trying on clothes we decided that it was time to eat. We ate in the mall, then we made our way down to the Hallmark store. I found a real cute birthday card for Gma. Had to wait on the Mother's Day cards, will get those over the weekend. It is real hard to find a good birthday card for a grandmother from an adult grandchild. Most the the cards were from little children.

Jennifer had to get some new shoes for work, so we made our way to Payless. Such drama there. Apparently one of the clerk's wallet was stolen out of her purse in the back room. She was pretty upset over the whole thing. Felt sorry for her. She had called for the little security guard and he was waiting. She was on the phone I would assume talking to her husband, he was trying to calm her down but don't think it was working. The other clerk was very apologetic to us, saying how sorry she was. We told her not to worry about it. Jen got her work shoes and we left.

Mmom's car was done, so we dropped her off at the dealership, then Jen and I made a couple more stops. When we go to Billings, we always stop at the bookstore. Jen got a new book but I passed this time.

We made our way home, Gary was laughing at me because the only thing I had to show from shopping was three cards.

3 comments:

Mmom said...

Gary should be proud of you for not buying out the town. Obviously he didn't know about the tub of stuff you dropped off at my house. You donated to that.

Mary~Momathon said...

Sounds like a fun shopping day! Can't wait to see Mom's new outfit - and yours too.

Living With Cavemen said...

Sounds like fun! Glad mom found an outfit she likes and looks good on her. Now, if I can find one. I went shopping the other day and found nothing. I will have to check out JC Penney. They usually have good stuff. Haven't tried there yet.