Thursday, April 1, 2010

Added Job Title

The county commissioners are adding duties of one office into others. I am now the Big Horn County DUI Task Force Coordinator. I am mostly doing the paperwork and filing reports with the state. I go to Helena in a couple weeks for a state DUI Task Force conference.

The guy who had this position resigned and moved out of the county in November, so the group was without a coordinator for about 5 months. I was appointed in March and have been getting things figured out what exactly I have to do. I go to all the meetings, but I don't conduct them or take minutes. My main job is to file the annual and quarterly reports on the activies of the group and also keep tabs on grants and stuff like that. I also give out press releases and schedule special events.

The commissioners are trying to save money due to a lessening of the tax monies collected, so they are combining his duties to other offices. My office got chosen to be the coordinator mainly because we work with schools and they thought this would be a great way to get the message out to the youngsters. Also because our office is not as busy as the other offices.

No extra pay in the mix, just added duties on top of what I normally do to run this office. My boss wasn't too happy about it, but what can you do. She does want my job description changed to include these duties.

Once I go to the conference I will know more on what kind of reports I will have to file and what not. I have already told the group that I will not go out on the check points and bar checks like the other guy did. First I am not in law enforcement and am not qualified to determine if someone has been drinking or not. The commissioners agreed with this, too much of a liability. They did say that the guy before me was very passionate about this and he did many things that were not required of him.

The law enforcement guys can get me all the numbers for the reports I need when they do the bar checks and check points.

2 comments:

Mmom said...

Who was the coordinator? Mark? Where did he go?

Wolfpak5 said...

Mark moved to Missouri