Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm A Meanie

Last weekend the weather finally cooperated and we got some work done around the house. Hubby was whining because it was beautiful on Saturday in the 70's and I wouldn't let him ride the Harley. Poor baby. He told his friends that I got my bull whip out and made him do manual labor.

I was able to shampoo my carpets (really needed it). Hubby mowed the lawn and then he started cleaning out the porch and storage shed. In fact I ended up helping him clean the porch too. We threw out a bunch of junk, figured that it was in storage this long it can go. Found a bunch of junk that we wondered why we kept. Took two loads out to the landfill on Saturday.

I did find my outside Christmas lights that I couldn't find last year. I now have all my Christmas decorations together and labeled. We now have room in the shed to move around and we can get to things easier. Still have more work to do on the porch, but we got all the big stuff done. What an accomplishment.

Sunday I helped Hubby again on the porch, we sorted through a bunch of boxes that belonged to Robert and Jason. This all went to the garbage. It was mostly their love letters from the old girlfriends and some of their girlie magazines. Don't think they will be needing those anymore.

Now that we got the major cleaning out of the way, this will leave our summer weekends open for riding. I told the Hubby that we are just going to have to get our work done during the week to leave the weekends free.

Hubby was supposed to clean the porch and shed two weeks ago, while I cleaned the inside of the house. I got my cleaning done, but all he accomplished two weeks ago was napping.

No comments: