Friday, April 9, 2010

Motivational Jeans

Tuesday I had a dental appointment for a filling. Naturally afterwards I needed my therapy. I always schedule my dental appointments in the mornings so that I can have the afternoon in therapy.

This time I took a page out of Bonnie's book. I bought a pair of size 10 jeans. I am currently wearing a size 12 and have been for 3 years. That is saying something for me to stay in this size for this long. I am bound and determined to get into a size 10 jean comfortably by the end of this year.

I went to Goodwill looking for some Harley shirts. A friend of mine gets her Harley shirts at Goodwill. I didn't have any luck finding Harley shirts, but I did manage to find a denim vest, a regular shirt and my size 10 motivational jeans.

I thought I had already bought my motivational jeans two weeks ago when Jen and I went shopping. We were at Ross trying to find a blue blazer for Jen. We were looking around and I thought why not. I was looking at jeans in the size 10 section. They were on a hanger that had a size 10 tab on it, the tags on the outside said size 10. They are cute so I bought them. Jen couldn't believe that I would buy a pair of jeans that don't fit.

When we got home and put our stuff away I thought lets just give putting on these size 10's a try. Imagine my surprise when the jeans fit perfectly. I knew that this couldn't be right so I took them off. To my disappointment my motivational jeans turned out to be size 12. Oh well, I got a new pair of jeans. Hubby told me to just pretend that they are a size 10. I told him that it just doesn't work that way. Lesson learned, read the tags inside too.

This time I did. I checked all the tags that I could find and I really do have a size 10. Got home and put all the stuff away. It was the next morning after my swim that I thought, lets give this a try.

After some wiggling I got them on. I was even able to button and zip up the pants without laying on the bed. Now I can't breath and I don't dare sit down or bend over. It is a nice feeling knowing that I can get them on. Just a month ago I couldn't get a size 10 up over my hips. Even though I can get the size 10's on and zipped, I'm not going to count it until I can wear them comfortably. Breathing is a plus.

I'm going to give credit to my new Sketcher Shape Up shoes. I've been wearing them for a month now and I wear them about three days a week. Especially when I know I will go alot of walking. I swear that my legs, thighs, butt and calves are getting in shape.

2 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

I need therapy and motivation. But I sure don't want to have to go to the dentist!

Living With Cavemen said...

You'll be in those jeans in No Time! I really want a pair of those Sketcher shape up shoes. I'll have to start saving my pennies.