Friday, November 5, 2010

Election Day

Every two years I get election day as a holiday. A perk for being a county government employee. Didn't do anything special, just stayed home and got some work done.

Our poll opened at 7:00 am, so this year we decided to get to the polls early. Gary didn't want to use up his lunch hour to vote and he didn't want to wait in line after work, besides we have class on Tuesdays and wanted to relax after getting home.

In Montana you can vote absentee any time, you don't need a reason. We did that one year and liked it. We had time to go over the ballot and read the initiatives real good. At the polls you kind of feel rushed, especially if there is a line.

I got a sample ballot for our precint and that helped too. We were able to go over the ballot and read the initiatives real close. The wording on those can be tricky at times. One of the Montana initiatives you had to vote for it to be against it. That can be confusing.

Gary and I were the first ones in our precint to vote, I was #1 and he was #2. I was surprised at how many people voted at 7:00 am. There were quite a few coming in. Jennifer didn't want to get up early so she voted before she went to work.

Now that I voted, I have plenty of time to get some house work done. I got caught up on some laundry. The only thing I didn't get done was clean out the refrigerator, will do that this weekend.

Mom was still here, so we went out for coffee and had a good visit. Then it was time to get home and take Jennifer to vote and work. While she was voting I sat and waited. The town of Hardin has three precints and we all vote at the Middle School Auditorium. While I was sitting there were some voters wondering who I was. One of the judges said that I was a poll watcher. I was just waiting for Jennifer.

It didn't take her long, she was in and out. Took her to work then picked up Gary for lunch. After taking him back to work my plan was to clean out the refrigerator, but I ended up taking a nap instead.

That was the extent of my day, just stayed home and relaxed. Did get a couple things done just not all of it.

No comments: