Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Veteran Day

I just love November. There are three holidays in the month this year and I get them all off. Too bad that they don't fall on a weekend to make it three days off.

I had the day off, so off to Billings to get some errands done. I had to take the pickup to get the oil changed. Wanted to get that done before leaving on our road trip the next day. I was told not to worry it should only take a few minutes. A few minutes at the dealership turned out to be two hours.

The Nissan dealership is not very speedy on getting things done, so I took a book to read. I do have to admit that this is the first time I had to wait two hours to get the oil changed. Naturally there are a bunch of other stuff that needs to be done right now. They made is sound like that I wouldn't be able to leave the lot without getting all the extra stuff done. I just smiled and told the service people that I would tell my husband. I did make it home all right.

Now that I got the "honey do" errand done, it was time for me. I got my hair cut very short this time. It is taking some time getting used to. Still not too sure if I like it, but it will grow out fast. I have been contemplating growing my hair a bit longer again, but I can't get past the shaggy phase. This time I really took care of the shaggy stuff.

Went to the mall and half of my co-workers were there shopping too. I also visited with some of my biker friends who were out and about that day. Walked into JC Penny and they were having a great sale. I was able to buy a new pair of jeans, three shirts and four different pieces of jewelry for a great buy. The jeans were under $20, the shirts were all $4.80 each and the jewelry was under $10. I bought two bracelets and two necklace and earring sets.

It was a very enjoyable day and I had a good time.

No comments: