Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Party


Last Saturday we attended a Halloween party at our good friends Dean & Lynn in Billings. We got an invite many months ago and the only rule was that we couldn't dress up as bikers. We do enough of that anyway.


We thought long and hard and what to dress up as and finally decided on the gangster/flapper theme. I bought our costumes online in September.


Gary's costume came with the pinstripe suit, white tie and shirt. Mine came with the dress, gloves, headband and jewelry. I already had the shoes for the outfit. I bought a wig and tried to find some pantyhose with the seam but that was hard. We bought Gary a fedora hat to wear.


Saturday came and what a busy day that was. First we had a Patriot Guard mission for one of our own that morning. We finished with that in plenty of time to get home and get ready for the party.


I had made a carrot & pineapple salad to take. Figured with the orange and yellow colors that was halloweeny.


While getting ready I was having wardrobe malfunctions with my dress. To start off the dress felt very short and I was thinking that my butt was hanging out. I was assured by both Gary and Jennifer that the dress was fine. The fringe on the dress was down to my knees. The dress was strapless and just had a very tiny piece of velcro to close the back up. Every time I moved that velcro would pop open. I could not find one single safety pin in the whole house. We looked everywhere. Gary finally drove to Pamida and bought a bunch of safety pins.


Now I was ready to go. Gary got his costume on and he decided that he didn't want to mess with the tie that came with it, so he used one of his own. He even found his old shoulder holster and we used one of our practice tae kwon do guns for it. He could have used his real gun, but decided to play it safe. The hat we bought just didn't look right with the costume, so he just wore his dark sunglasses. We managed to get out of the house without the neighbors seeing us.


We arrived at Dean & Lynns and we were right on time. There were 21 one us there, one husband was out hunting but his wife came anyway. Only one guy didn't dress up so he was the group photographer. We had a great time.


Lynn had made 4 different kinds of chili, there was onion chili, chicken and white rice chili, jalapeno chili and chili without beans. We ate the onion chili and it was delicious. She also served up some veggies that you could either make into a salad or just snack on. For desserts that was a chocolate cake, chocolate rice krispie bars, pumpkin bars and dirt(chocolate pudding with crushed oreo cookies on top with gummy worms mixed in).


I took a bunch of photos and put them all on my picasa site that you can check out if you haven't already done so. We had such a good time and we got home before 11:00 pm. We got an invite for next year and now we are trying to come up with some ideas.

2 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

What Fun! You both look fabulous! I looked at all of your picasa pictures too. You guys had the best costumes!

Wolfpak5 said...

Thanks. I posted our pumpkin carving photos this morning. We had alot of fun at the party and are planning for next years costumes.