Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter

We had a nice quiet Easter. Saturday night I boiled my eggs, but didn't get them dyed. Jennifer and I went to the movie instead. We watched "Rio". It was a very cute movie and I liked the birds. We had fun and enjoyed ourselves.

Sunday Gary and I went to biker church. The Christian Motorcycle Association sponsors a bike blessing ceremony every year. There was a very small service before the blessing then they serve a breakfast of biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and juice or coffee. There is no charge for the breakfast however they do accept donations. It was very good. We met our friends and got the bike blessed.

This way we won't have any troubles while we are riding on the bike. It was cool in the morning when we left Hardin, but turned out into a beautiful day. After the services were over and the bikes were blessed we came on home.

We took the long way home and made a nice little ride out of it. Went through Huntley, Pompey's Pillar to Custer and then home to Hardin on the frontage roads. Not much traffic out and it was perfect for riding.

Got home and I transplanted some tulips that I got from the head maintainance woman at the court house. I got two clumps of tulips so I planted them by the old sand tire. The tulips look pretty pathetic right now. I was told that I won't get any blooms this year, but not to worry they will be nice and pretty next year. In fact she is going to give me about three more clumps.

I had some help with the transplanting by my neighbor's cat Oscar. He was left home alone while she was gone on Easter break. I felt sorry for the little guy, so I sat on the back steps and gave him some loving. He got up on my lap and wanted to hug my face, but no can do. I did let him sit on my lap if he was good. He did get a bit excited when a bird landed in the yard. I told Oscar that he had to behave if he was going to sit on my lap. I got him off before he dug his claws into my legs.

The rest of the day was spent just relaxing.

1 comment:

Mary~Momathon said...

Sounds like it was a very nice weekend!