Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Finally Got Wireless

It took two weeks and alot of frustration but I finally got wireless internet service.

I had called our cable service first and was told by the receptionist that the cable company does not provide wireless internet service. That is when I called to some other providers and found CenturyLink (Qwest). You know how that went.

Gary was talking to Charlie Fergerson at the store, Charlie works for the cable company now. Charlie told Gary that the cable does do wireless internet service, just go out and buy a router and he will get us connected.

I did call the cable company and talked to someone who knows what goes on in the company. She set the appointment for Charlie to install our wireless yesterday between 12:30-3:00 pm.

Charlie arrived at 2:00 pm, installed the new modem that we need for the cable tv and internet. He was there less than an hour, stayed long enough to make sure that we were connected. So simple and so easy.

I did have to pay the $29.95 install fee and it's only going to cost $5 more a month for all the services.

I was on the internet quite a bit last night. It is sure nice to take my leisure time and not get yelled at for hogging the computer.

We really like our little Acer netbook that I bought two weeks ago. We have taken it out to McDonald's and used their free wi-fi. We are going to take it on our trip to Las Vegas this weekend. Gary uses it for his sports betting and he can read the screen on the Acer better than on my phone.

No comments: