Thursday, October 13, 2011

Meeteetse Visit

Went to Meeteetse on Sunday and came home on Monday. I went to get my Grandma fix. I haven't seen my Grandmother all summer and since I had a three day weekend and the weather was nice a great time to go.

Got my car loaded and headed on out, first stop was getting a cup of coffee at McDonald's and away I went. I did get a bit of a late start as I helped Gary get some of our personal items off the bike.

I met the Gma's at Lucilles for lunch and what perfect timing, we both arrived at the same time. Got in a nice lunch then to the house for some visiting.

Grandma, ever the best organizer I have met told me that we have to start planning Mom's birthday bash next year. My mom meets the next milestone of being 3/4 of a century old next year.

We got the date picked out and times, the problem with planning a huge party like this is the logistics with my brother and sisters. But we will get it figured out. So far we have the no host family dinner on Friday, the open house party on Saturday and a BBQ on Sunday.

The hard part is getting the Schumacher Family here, their schedule in July is already jammed packed that I think they are going to have to clone themselves to be everywhere they need to be. But we will get it worked out. For the rest of us, no problem with scheduling.

Went out to the Elkhorn for dinner and a drink. Had a good meal and great time. Got back home and Grandma fell, hurting her arm. I think I'm going to have to take some lessons from her. When I fall I end up breaking something, but she manages to come out with a few bruises and scrapes. Mom and I got her patched up the best we could.

Monday morning we went out for coffee and met a young man from France traveling through. We had coffee with Gladys and I got to hear some stories. For lunch we ate at the Senior Citizens and more stories.

After lunch it was time to go home. We took Grandma to the clinic because a couple of her wounds would not stop bleeding. She was ok and the doc fixed her up a bit better than Mom and I did. He had the better tools.

Had a great visit and got my Grandma fix that will hold me for a while.

2 comments:

Mmom said...

Gma fell down on Sunday, Monday was when we had coffee, lunch, and to Cody doc. Don't confuse me. The first bandage changing was tricky, but it looks ever so much better and no more bleeding.

Wolfpak5 said...

Holidays throw me off. Glad to hear that her arm is getting better, figured it would when the doc cleaned her up.