Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Instructor Of The Year

We went to our Tae Kwon Do Christmas Party and Awards Banquet on the 7th.  Jennifer took the day off from McDonald's to go to the party.

Jennifer and I bought new dresses for the occasion.  This is the one time of the year where we get to dress up.  I enjoy this party but Gary hates wearing his suit since he retired 13 years ago.  I keep telling him that one night won't kill him.

It never fails, that when Grand Master Park schedules this party in a year advance we always have bad weather.  This year the storm came earlier in the week, but is was bitter cold on Saturday and the roads were very icy once we hit Arrow Creek and into Billings.

Despite the weather there was quite a few people at the party.  Most were Billings people but us out of towners showed up too.  At our table we sat with Gary & Annette Hart.  Gary's mother is our neighbor and Annette was a couple years ahead of me in school.  Annette is the superintendent in Judith Gap and they are hosting two foreign exchange students.  Both are boys and were from Taiwan and Thailand.  Those boys were having a hard time adjusting to the cold.  They come from huge cities and I bet they had a huge culture shock when they went to Judith Gap.  It was fun watching them interact and participate in the dancing.

This year I received my 4th degree black belt certificate and a surprise Gary received Instructor of the Year. 

Our dinner was delicious, we had assorted salads, mashed potatoes and gravy, roast beef, turkey with stuffing, sea food alfredo and assorted desserts.  It was announced to the children that they only get one dessert.

We didn't win any prizes this year.  Guess I used up my chances for a while since I won the tv last year.  I was close to winning again this year.  The winning ticket number was 501 and my tickets started at 504-509. 

We had a good time.  I have a photo of me and Jennifer dressed up at the house.  Gary wouldn't get in the photo.  I put it on facebook and got quite a lot of nice compliments on it.


No comments: