Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We had a nice and quiet Thanksgiving.  It was only the three of us at home, Jason and his bunch went out for dinner in Billings.  I was worried on how I was going to get everyone in my little house,  there would have been 8 of us.

Jeni & Susan would have had to make some extra dishes, I really wasn't expecting them to be here this soon.  The last time I had talked to Jeni, she said that it would probably be after the holidays before their move, but things moved fast.

They aren't settled in their new home yet, still sorting out boxes and trying to figure out where to put things.  They bought a new stove, said the old one was just horrible, and it hadn't arrived as of yet.  We will try to all get together for Christmas dinner and they want to host it.  Not sure I will be able to handle that with my allergies, they have 5 cats and 5 dogs.

We just stayed home, I fixed a small dinner with all our favorite dishes and then we watched football all day.

I took Friday off from work, the courthouse is usually so boring on Friday and my office is not busy with schools out for the holiday.  I don't do the Black Friday shopping, no way am I going to get involved in all that chaos.   Gary and I did go to Billings later Friday afternoon and it was still crazy.  The traffic was horrible and people needed to be patient.  We witnessed a near accident right in front of us by the mall.  I was in the right hand lane, a lady in the left wanted to get over she had her blinkers on.  I gave her some room after all she was driving a Dodge Dart.  Once I made that gap, an older lady who was trying to turn onto 27th  decided to turn and she didn't see the dodge getting into the lane.  The older lady ended up on the sidewalk.  Fortunate that there weren't any pedestrians on that corner.

We met our friends the Breckenridge's and Davis's to make plans for our summer motorcycle trip to Newport Oregon.  The guys want to go deep sea fishing, while us ladies will have a leisure morning drinking mimosa's.  We haven't figured out anything beyond the mimosa's.  Pat Breckenridge is our map guru and he planned out a perfect route.  Gary's job is to call the fishing excursion places and get prices and all the information needed for them to fish.  Vickie Davis will be gathering information on the motels/hotels and she will make all the reservations.

There is another couple that wants to go.  We are going to give the information out to our other friends and if they want to tag along that is fine but they will have to make their own reservations.  We will all be getting together in January to finalize the trip.  We will be going at the end of August just before Labor Day.  It will be fun.

After all the planning, we all ate dinner at the Rib & Chop House.  On Black Friday they had a special on gift cards.  If you bought a gift card for the Rib & Chop you got another gift card for Rio Sabinas for the same amount.  Basically you are getting a free meal out of the deal.  The same people who own Rib & Chop own Rio Sabinas.  I got $100 worth of gift cards for $50.

While we were eating dinner Pat & Sandi told us that they are leaving on their annual winter vacation and will be celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary on Dec. 28.  We got to talking and we are going out to dinner at Rio Sabinas on Dec. 14 to celebrate their anniversary.  It is my job to make the reservations for this.  We are all going to use our gift cards.

The rest of the weekend was spent just relaxing.  Having a 4 day weekend was nice and I wish all my weekends were 4 days.

1 comment:

Mary~Momathon said...

Glad you had a nice holiday.