Monday, December 23, 2013

Office Move

Two weeks ago I was moved from my third floor corner office to the main floor of the Courthouse.  This move was in the works for about a year, at least that was the talking stage.  About 5 months ago it was going to be a done deal.

This is a move of three offices.  The Dept. of Revenue moved up to my old office space, we moved to the old Elections space and the back of the Dept. of Revenue and Elections moved into the Dept. of Revenue space.

While all the planning went on, we looked at where things would be and mapped out where all the office furniture would be.  We were told by the commissioners to work things out, which we did( at least we thought).

Sandy and I spent a month weeding out old stuff and packing up our stuff.  Moving day arrived on Dec. 9th. 

That was a day from hell for me.  First Sandy ended up having surgery on the Friday before and she would be out of work for about 10 days.  It wasn't anything serious but it was something that she needed to have done right away.  That left me to move our office by myself.

We moved to smaller space.  Before we had two offices, a conference room and two closets (one was used for my DUI Task Force stuff).  Our conference room had about 12 book cases to put all of our stuff on.  We have moved to two offices and one closet.

The county got the road crew to move all the heavy stuff and it was organized chaos at best.  It was not easy moving all of us in an orderly fashion.  The poor elevator got more use in that one day than it has ever had.

It was a day from hell for me.  I was physically and emotionally drained by the end of the day.  I had to move all of our stuff by myself, which was in essence three offices.  Not to mention that at the last minute the powers to be changed  how the layout of our office was going to be.  I called Sandy to tell her about the change and she came in to try to stop it.  That didn't work.  The day ended with me being bullied and intimidated by the higher powers.  Sandy had to leave after being here a couple hours, she was not supposed to be here in the first place.  That left me catching the brunt of everything and I sure caught it. 

It has been two weeks and the flow of the office has changed and in my opinion not for the better.  I am stuffed away in the corner where it is hard to find me, but since I'm shared with the elections office, I'm in the middle.  The public is having a hard time finding us, but I guess that will get easier.

I have to remind myself that I have just over 21 more months.  Unless I win the lottery first.

No comments: