Friday, December 19, 2008

Cabin Fever

After spending five days inside the house, I am getting cabin fever. I have ventured out in public twice already. I went to tae kwon do class last night. Gary signed up two new students who also need uniforms and he has no clue on sizes for the kids. Now that I saw the kids, I know what to get them. The uniform sizes are not what the kids normally wear. I love them because I wear a size 5.

It was funny because the first things the kids noticed was that my mouth looked different and I talked different. At least they can understand me. They did ask what happened to my teeth. The woman who was with me when I fell just feels so bad that I had to have my teeth pulled. She still feels that it was her fault that I fell. It's not like she pushed me or anything like that.

Today I went to the bank. I put my teeth in had to have them in for five hours today. Towards the end I was ready to take them out. All that plastic in my mouth is just annoying. It is just going to take time. Anyway I was able to drive around and get some fresh air. Need to start getting back into a normal routine. I haven't worked out for over a week and feeling it.

I have been eating soup all week, so tonight I was able to eat a hamburger. It took me a while to finish eating, but I managed to eat real food. It sure was tasty. It is going to be a while before we can go out to eat, but once I get my partials that is going to be on the top of my list, going out for a nice dinner.

Tomorrow Gary and I are going to Billings, we have two Patriot Guard missions at the airport. The missions tomorrow are the good kind. One of for a kid who is coming home from boot camp and the other is for a kid coming home from Iraq for the holidays. Both are going to be at the airport, so we will be indoors and not freezing outside. It snowed this afternoon and it supposed to be cold tomorrow, below zero again. This will be a huge test for me with my teeth, but I need to get used to having them in all day anyway. I can drink with them in, just not eat.

2 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

If being cooped up is bothering you more than the stitches and the lack of food, I think that's great! A sure sign that you are going to be back in action very soon. Glad you got something to eat too. Stay warm!

Living With Cavemen said...

Wow, you sound like you are recovering quite well. I don't think I'd be out and about in just 5 days.

We had snow and cold all day today. Stay warm!

I can't wait to see your pretty teeth this summer.