Friday, December 12, 2008

I Won

Yesterday Gary got a phone call informing him that I had won two free tickets. The phone call was from the Harley dealership. Anyway, he called me at work and asked me if I had remembered filling out slips of paper at the dealership. I did, but it had been last month and I had forgotten about it.

I had to call the dealership back and let them know that I wanted the tickets. Who in their right mind would not accept two free tickets. I called them back and verified my information and they are going to mail me the tickets. I thought they would be in the mail today, but no such luck, should get those tickets tomorrow.

Now our dilemma is what to do with these two free tickets. When I filled out the slips of paper, we said that we would never win. We never win anything like this.

I know you wondering what I won. I won two tickets to the Denver Bronco-Buffalo Bill game at Invesco Field in Denver on the 21st. We won't be able to make it to Denver, so will probably send them to Gary's brother. What a surprising Christmas he will have.

This would be a dream come true going to a pro football game. Neither one of us is a Bill or Bronco fan. The timing is not going to work out. Now if the Bronco's would be playing Green Bay that is another story. We would be doing everything in our power to go.

Right away Gary had offers to buy our tickets at the store and I have offers at the court house. The right thing to do would be to give them to his brother, but first Gary needs to call him and see if that would work for them.

Just my luck, I win something very exciting and I can't use it. Not in the cards right now, but someday we will make it to a pro football game. Our goal is to go to Lambeau field.

2 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

That's great! Good luck is awesome even when you can't use it. I hope Gary can give it to his brother, sounds like he'd enjoy giving it to him.

Living With Cavemen said...

That's great. Flying to Denver isn't very expensive. I say go for it! But if you are giving them to Gary's brother I hope he can go & he will enjoy that. That is a nice gift.