Thursday, December 18, 2008

Feeling Better

It has been 4 days now and I'm feeling much better. I no longer have to take the pain pills, in fact I only took those for the first two days. Monday I needed two pills and on Tuesday I only needed one and that was at night.

Every day I put in my temporaries an hour longer than before. Today I'm up to 4 hours. I am getting better at getting them in, but it is going to take some time getting used to having all that plastic in my mouth. Right now it feels like I'm wearing mouth guards. At least when I talk now, Gary & Jennifer can understand me. I have to wear the temporaries for 6 weeks. I will just get used to them and then have to get used to my real partials. Those won't have as much plastic at the temporaries.

I'm still eating "soft" foods like soup and oatmeal. I haven't tried eating any solids yet, will have to get brave and try something, but probably over the weekend. I can't eat with the temporaries in, as they cover over the top of my back teeth, but I can drink with them in. I have to take very small sips, so it takes me a while, but I can do it.

I am going to venture out today, will be picking up Jennifer from work. I haven't had fresh air since Monday. I will be ready to go back to work on Monday.

3 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

Ouch. It just sounds so painful! I would be popping pain pills like candy. I'd rather give birth than have a tooth pulled. Or ten. I'm glad you are feeling better!

Living With Cavemen said...

Yikes, you are a brave woman. I'd still be lying in bed miserable.

Mary~Momathon said...

I just sent you a Christmas package. It should get there before you take your tree down, but it will be late. It would be strange if I sent something on time.