Friday, December 26, 2008

White Christmas

We had a very nice quiet Christmas at home. I took Christmas Eve afternoon off so that Jennifer and I could take a quick drive to Billings to do some last minute shopping. Billings was pretty busy, but we managed to get around without any problems. Just had to be patient. Our first stop was the mall. I had to get some last minute presents for Gary. I told Jennifer that this was her last chance to get her photo with Santa taken.

When she was little she was afraid of Santa and would never sit on his lap. I do have one photo of her but that was the year she was born. I even tried getting her to sit on his lap with her brothers at her side, but no go. She would kick and scream and it just wasn't worth it. So all these years I don't have a photo of my youngest with Santa. Now that she is grown I tease her about it.

When we got done in the mall, she was hungry so we stopped at Applebee's for lunch. She ate while I just had a soda. After eating we made our way to Wal-Mart. It was very busy in Wal-Mart. We didn't need to get much but had to stand in the check out line for about 20 minutes. Just our luck, we get behind a woman who had one item without a price tag. The checker had to run and get a price tag put on the item. Then we made our way home. We got home around 6:00 pm.

Once I got home, I wrapped up the last of the presents and put them under the tree. Then it was just time to relax. Jennifer and I had plans to go to midnight mass, but we were just too tired to go.

For Christmas we opened our presents and then Jennifer and I went to church. After church I fixed our dinner and we spent the rest of the day grazing on food. Got phone calls from my family and I even talked to my future daughter in law.

This morning we got back into our normal routine, when we went to go swim it was snowing again. It snowed all day long and we got about 6 inches today. In total for the month of December we must have a good two feet of snow on the ground. We got more snow this month than we have had in the last two winters total.

Gary shoveled snow this morning as he had the day off, but he has to work tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Mom's neighbor will shovel her walks. I checked on her mail today and they shoveled a small path but only from their driveway up to her steps. They didn't do the rest of the walk. I hope they do it tomorrow so that I won't have to.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats on acquiring another daughter-in-law. I hope the neighbors finish off Mom's sidewalk, that corner lot has a lot of snow to shovel!

Living With Cavemen said...

So did she sit on Santa's lap? I got to talk to your future daughter-in-law too. Congrats! It was nice talking to you. I also got to talk to your son. That was a nice surprise phone call on Christmas.

We got rain the whole day on the 26, so most of our snow is melted.