Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Summer is officially here. Saturday Gary and I took a drive to Red Lodge and up the Beartooth Highway. It was a very nice day. We didn't leave Hardin until about 10:00, took Jennifer to work first. We got into Red Lodge and it was a bit windy but not too bad. We ate lunch at the Red Box Car. Another place with good burgers. We ate outside along Rock Creek. The snow is melting, so the rivers and streams are pretty full.

Gary drove up the highway, said that he wanted to give me a break. I don't think he was comfortable with me driving the switchbacks. He was so funny. This gave me time to take photos while we were headed to the top. Not as much snow as I expected, but there was enough. At one spot there were snowboarders boarding down the mountain. They would go to the top and make their way down. Their friends would meet them at the bottom and back up they would go. We only went as far as the Vista View turn off. It was warmer on top than it was down in town. Not much wind. I did take photos.

We then made our way back down to Red Lodge. We wandered around town a bit and went into the cute little shops. We did stop at the Candy Emporium and bought some candy. What an amazing store, it has all the candy that I can remember when I was a kid. There are even some that you can't find anymore.

We then made our way home. The rest of the weekend was spent doing yard and house work that we've been neglecting. No bike riding this time, this work needed to get done.

I have the house to myself today, so it is being spent shampooing carpets.

Tomorrow I have my dental appointment.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds nice! Especially the candy!!!

Wolfpak5 said...

The candy was good. The other two days we spent getting our yard and house cleaned. Vowed not to let it go again.

Living With Cavemen said...

I LOVE Red Lodge. Those snowboarders are crazy aren't they? The Candy Emporium is pretty neat. We came out of there with 2 bags full of candy when we were there.