Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dentist Visit & Thanksgiving

Yesterday I had a dental visit. This was just supposed to be a quick check up and then I would get the next one to have my teeth pulled. My daughter was off yesterday so she made the trip with me, after all I need my therapy. She decided to be dropped off at Wal-Mart and she would wait for me there. No problem.

I dropped her off and then made my way to my appointment. I got in right away. I've been having problems with oneof my teeth with being sensitive to cold. Well, my quick check up ended up being three fillings and a mold of my bottom teeth. I was at the dentist for two hours. So much for a quick check up.

The doc had a cancellation and since I was already there, might as well get the fillings done, especially since one is sensitive. I got moved from one room to another. The dentist gives me te good stuff to numb my mouth, since it takes quite a while to get numb. Getting the fillings was quite the ordeal. First he puts the thing that he calls a button, it feels like a bear trap getting put into my mouth, after he puts the botton around my tooth, I then get a big plastic thing around it so that the water doesn't drown me. The drill is the worst part. He did hit one part of the tooth that about sent me to the roof. Once we got past the most sensitive part it really wasn't that bad. The only thing is that he kept hitting my sore teeth in the front.

Once I got the fillings put it, he decided that he would take the mold of my bottom teeth. The only thing that I have to say about that is why can't they make the paste tasty. It felt like my mouth was stuffed full of mashed potatoes, only mashed potatoes tastes so much better. He wouldn't do my upper teeth because he didn't want my front teeth yanked out.

My next appointment is in two weeks. This is when I get my 10 teeth extracted. He is also going to shape my gums. I am not going to be knocked out, he is only going to numb my mouth, but he did say that the extractions will be very easy. He did give me a prescription for some happy pills. I will be taking 2 pills to make me relax. He said I would be relaxed like I drank a liter of wine. I will take one pill the night before and the other one an hour before my appointment. He was very explicit that I don't drive, I will need to have someone drive me up and back home. Really not looking forward to this but I want to get this done and not have to wait forever.

After my appointment, Jennifer and I had some therapy. I bought a new pair of jeans and a book. Jennifer asked if she could invite a friend over for Thanksgiving, no problem because we aren't going anywhere or doing anything special.

Her friend will be coming over tomorrow to eat. He is by himself and all he was going to do was go to Subway to get his turkey dinner. My pies are done tonight and now I can relax and get ready for some heavy duty cooking tomorrow.

Friday, Gary and I are going to Billings, not bright and early but we are going to spend my winnings on some Harley Davidson jeans. We get a buy one get one free special that we need to use up by April.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love how you always get some "therapy" after your dentist appointments. You are gonna have to get something really nice after the next one! Maybe a Harley of your own? A diamond for each tooth?

Jennifer is so sweet. Hope her friend comes over.