Friday, November 28, 2008

Eating And Shopping

We survived our Thanksgiving feast. Jennifer's friend came over to eat and he stayed for about 3 hours. We all had a real nice visit and enjoyed some good cooking. Jennifer helped me quite a bit this year. Told her that it was time for her to learn how to cook a holiday feast. We still have alot of left overs to eat up. We watched the football games until Gary got bored with them. Both games were pretty boring. Then we watched movies.

Today, Gary and I went to Billings for some shopping. I was surprised that he wanted to go shopping, especially on this day of all days. I took the day off from work as Gary already had it off. I did stop by my office to pick up pay checks, then left. First we stopped at McDonald's for a cup of coffee and shared a cinnamon melt. Saw an old high school friend of mine there, so visited with her for a bit. She just got done shopping at one of the local stores in town. We also saw one of our tae kwon do kids and her family there.

We got on our way to Billings, first stop was the bank. We are a victim of fraud so had to get that taken care of. We have to file some papers and hopefully will get this all taken care of. First order of business was to shut down the card that was used. I also cashed in my jar of coins. Surprisingly I had $154. Well actually I had $153.99, I did manage to find a penny in the bottom of my purse. I didn't think I had that much. I'm saving that to buy a new mp3 player or ipod so that I can listen to audiobooks from the library. The library doesn't have it up and running yet, I've been waiting patiently for two months now. First I have to find out what players will work with the system. I do have my shuffle that I won last summer and will have to try and see if that will work first. If it does, then I'm in business, just have to wait for the library to get in gear and get their system up and running. I already bought the converter so that I can listen to the ipod through my car speakers. In the mean time, I have to actually check out books and sit down and read them.

After we got our bank business done we then made our way to the Harley dealership. I won $70 a couple weeks ago at the chapter meeting and we saved our money to buy some Harley Davidson jeans. When we bought the bike in April, we got a card with all kinds of discounts, so today we bought a pair of jeans and got the other one free. Nothing in the dealership is affordable, things are just way too expensive. My pair of jeans were $10 more than Gary's. I tried on my normal size but they were just a bit too tight. I could get them on and zipped, but it was just a bit too tight for my taste. I would be uncomfortable wearing them while riding on the bike. So I had to go up to the next size, which actually fits like my normal sized jeans. I just have to remember that the Harley clothes are smaller than normal. I'm not going to let it get to me, but it is frustrating. Especially when the quality of the jeans is not better or worse than what I can get at Wal-Mart and such. But we are paying for the name. Our next purchase will be 15% off on any item in stock at the store, including clothes. We are going to think about what to get before we spend money, but will more than likely buy some clothes.

After the dealership, it was time for lunch. At first we were going to go to the mall to eat, but then decided that it wouldn't be a good idea with all the shoppers and kids visiting Santa. We went to a couple restaurants, but they weren't open for lunch so we did end up in the mall. It really wasn't that bad, we did get a place to sit in the food court right away. The mall is where we saw everybody. First we met up with Gary's daughter in law and her daughter Shayla. Shayla had been looking forward for Black Friday shopping, but she ended up getting sick. She still went anyway, but she sure didn't look good. While we were eating, we met up with my cousins from Buffalo. Beverly and her sister Barbara saw us, along with Tina, her husband and daughter. We visited with Bev and Barb for a bit, then they went on their way and we finished our lunch.

We saw Bev and Barb a couple times in the mall, one they were all separated and the next they had all managed to find each other. After the mall we went to Wal-Mart just to look around, nothing in particular. We saw Bev and Barb again, we just laughed at this and accused them of following us around. They were hoping that we would pay for their stuff too. I did buy a sd card for my camera. A 2G card for $7, now I'm all set for Ireland. We did buy a couple gifts for people too.

Gary was bored with shopping, once we got done at the dealership and ate he was ready to go home. I was ready to shop. After a while it was just better to head on home. In the afternoon the traffic was horrible, it was like the early birds got their second wind and started on the next shift.

We survived our shopping excursion. Saw alot of people from Hardin we know shopping, now we can just relax and eat left overs.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like a fun trip to Billings! Are Bev and Barb stalking you? LOL

Have a good weekend!

Living With Cavemen said...

Wow, I'm shocked hubby went on Black Friday.
Funny that you ran into Bev & Barb. Were they wearing their beer hats? I still can't tell them apart. Good thing they are always together.