Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Going To The Movies

Today I took my nieces and little nephew to the movies.  This was one request that Gracie wanted.  She had three movies on her list to see, "Lego Movie", "Mr. Peabody & Sherman" and "Muppets Most Wanted".


I googled the theater that we were going to and all three movies were playing.  Gracie had a choice.  The one movie that she really, really, really wanted to see was "Mr. Peabody & Sherman".  Mary told me that if I went to the first showing in the morning then it was cheaper than the other showings. 


No problem movie started at 10:15 am and it was pretty easy to navigate.  Gracie is a good navigator telling me where I needed to go, the only problem was she didn't tell me when to turn until it was too late.  I was in the wrong lane.  No problem I will just go down the street and turn around.


Gracie thought the world was going to come to an end, we would never make it to the movie.  I kept reassuring her that if we miss the first showing we would catch the second.  She was worried because the price went up that way.  No problem I would pay anyway.


We made it to the movie in plenty of time, no worries.  The kids made a beeline to the concession stand.  I ordered a large popcorn with boxes for the kids so we can share, then I ordered a large Sprite to drink.  Mary told me to get the large because you get a free refill on it.  The kids don't really drink soda with Mary, but I bought it for them anyway.  Gracie whispered in my ear to make sure they put butter on the popcorn.  I gave her a look that said "why wouldn't I".


We found the theater and got our seats, one nice feature of this theater is that they had booster seats for the little ones.  Libby & Charlie both grabbed one and we found our seats.  The theater is a stadium type with nice comfy seats.  It wasn't crowded so we didn't have an issue of finding seats together.


I shared the popcorn then went and got some more.  I got me a diet coke which Charlie helped me drink.


The movie was cute and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it.  I am the best aunt ever.  I really scored a lot of best aunt ever points this week.


I told Mary about the butter on the popcorn and she told me that she doesn't get butter on popcorn.  Oh that makes sense now.


The rest of the day was spent at home and I knocked off some more stuff on Mary's list.  One of the things on the list was helping the girls clean their room.  We managed to get it done later that night, Gracie found her school project which was lost.  Mary was feeling a little better and started cleaning the girls' room, until I stepped in and made her sit down and relax.  Had to take her arm extensions away from her.  She was using the grill tongs to help reach things.


The room got clean and Mary found Gracie's school project.  Whew!!!

2 comments:

Mmom said...

Popcorn has to have butter!

Mary~Momathon said...

Yup! You earned the best Aunt award!