Monday, April 7, 2014

Los Alamos Park

I arrived in California yesterday, Keith and Gracie picked me up at the airport.  The kids were so excited to see me, guess Charlie was looking for me all day.  I got big hugs from everyone.  Charlie was upset that I kept my jet at the airport and wouldn't give him a ride in it.


Today the kids wanted to do something fun so I took them to the park.  Mary suggested Los Alamos as it had shade on the equipment and it would be easy for me to find and get to.


I was able to drive her car with has navigation in it so I was able to get around pretty well.  It was easy.  The hardest part was getting Charlie buckled in his car seat, it has been a long time since I've had to deal with these.  Good thing he knows how to buckle himself.


The kids wanted to get ice cream before playing, so I found the park and then made my way to the ice cream shop, which was very close to the park.


We had a good time and the ice cream was very tasty.  It was a small shop and very affordable which surprised me.  After ice cream we played in the park.


It was a hot day, in the 90's but the kids had a lot of fun and they were able to run off some energy.


Tonight one of Keith's co-workers brought over dinner and it was very delicious.  She brought chicken with peppers, and yummy green salad and ice cream for dessert.


It was a very tiring day and I was tired.  I am getting up early in the morning because of the time difference.  My body is working on mountain time, no pacific.






1 comment:

Mary~Momathon said...

Can't believe you wouldn't give Charlie a ride in your jet! Why did you leave it at the airport? We have a driveway!