Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Going To School

The girls have school 3 days a week, the other 2 days are spent home schooling.  On Wednesday morning I took the girls to have a donut before school.  The donut shop is near the school and it was very easy.  A right turn to get into the donut shop then a right hand turn to get out towards the school.


Mary knew I was going to do this, in fact she was the one who mentioned it. I just had to make sure that they got to school before 9:00.  It was a snap.


Libby wanted me to park and walk in with them.  Gracie was fine with this too, but as soon as she got into the school off she went I could go.  Libby wanted me to walk to her classroom, then I got a bunch of hugs before leaving.


I met many parents and teachers.  Wednesday morning a couple of Mary's friends came over for coffee, one had a young daughter Charlie's age, so those two played. 


I met many of the Schumacher friends, just don't ask me their names right now.  It was a very nice morning.


I had to pick up the girls at 3:00, thought I was in trouble when there were detour signs getting out of Mary's neighborhood, but I was able to get to the school by the normal route, no problems.  One of the major streets had a water main break so traffic was rerouted through Mary's neighborhood.  Wasn't bad getting out in the afternoon, but mornings were awful.


Thursday morning Libby wasn't too excited about going to school, she was taking her time eating breakfast.  I had to hurry her along.  She told me that their Mom lets them be late for school.  I know this is not true, so I told Libby that Aunt Patty is taking them to school and Aunt Patty's rule is nobody is late for school.  Libby wasn't happy about that, especially when I told her she was done with breakfast.


The detour traffic was awful, it took me 10 minutes to get out of Mary's neighborhood.  The problem was all the rerouted traffic and the morning school traffic on Nutmeg.  There is a school just up the street.  Good thing we left a little early, no donuts today.


I was able to get in a visit with one of my classmates, Debbie Adcock.  She lives in Menifee which is very close to Murrieta.  Debbie and Mary hooked up on facebook and since they are Hardin girls just clicked right away.  What are the odds of two Hardin girls living in the same area.  It was a nice visit.


Friday was a donut day, got the girls up a little earlier because of the rerouted traffic.  Had to take Charlie this morning as Lexie had an early appointment.  It was fun and we enjoyed our donuts.


The girls are on spring break now so they get about 11 days off from school. 


I had no trouble at all with directions to the school, it was very easy, just have main traffic streets and lights. 

1 comment:

Mmom said...

Good thing you were there. I would have been lost for sure because of a detour. I'd probably still be driving around Murrieta.