Sunday, April 13, 2014

San Diego Zoo

I wanted to do something special and fun with Gracie, Libby & Charlie.  My first thought was to take them to Disneyland.  Mary nixed that idea, first it's just too expensive.  It was $120 per person to get in and since it's spring break would be too crowded.  We would have spent our time waiting in lines.


So I thought I would take the kids to the zoo, Lexie too.  Gracie was up for the idea, but Charlie wanted to go to the trampoline place.  Libby wanted to spend the day with Charlie so jumping won over the zoo.  Gracie still wanted to go to the zoo.


I gave Lexie money to get them into the trampoline place, then Gracie and I left for the zoo.  It was a fun afternoon just having Gracie time.


We got to the zoo in no time and it was easy.  I followed the directions on the GPS in the car, it took me on a strange route through a neighborhood, but we arrived.  I thought it was a strange route, but since I'm no familiar with the area then ok.  The place was very busy and full.  I got there and young kid tried to direct me to park in a dirt lot, but I kept going.  He then put out the sign that read "Lot Full".  Thanks, next time have that sign out first then I will know what you are trying to do.


I made my way around and we parked in the overflow area.  It was way in the south 40, had quite a walk to get to the gates.


Mary has season passes to the zoo, but she didn't receive Gracie's yet just Libby's.  Gracie used it, they didn't ask her name, besides Mary gave Gracie instructions to be Libby just to get in.  Mary also gave me a coupon so that I could get in for half price.  Normal price was $46 and I got in for $23.


I went to start to take pictures, but I didn't have a sd card in my camera.  I left it in my computer when I downloaded photos from the other day.  Drats, had to buy a sd card at the zoo and it was a bit pricey.  Lesson learned.


Gracie and I had a good time, we got to see a lot of stuff, we even experienced the 4D movie of Ice Age.  It was fun. 


Not all the animals were out, we didn't get to thee the tigers, apes or monkeys.  The zoo closed at 7:00 and Gracie was ready to go home at 6:00.


We stopped at the gift shop and I bought the three kids a stuffed animal, Gracie picked them out, a flamingo for her, a peacock for Libby and a cheetah for Charlie.  Libby did a report on peacocks for school so she was excited.


While we saw the giant pandas we had our picture taken.  We had three poses, one where we were holding a baby panda, holding a parrot and one where a herd of rhinos were chasing us.  I bought two and let Gracie pick them out.  She liked the parrot one which I brought home with me and the rhino one, I let her keep that one.


The only casualty of the day was my phone.  I dropped it and the screen is shattered.  Couldn't believe it.  I thought I had it in my purse, but apparently not.  First it hit my foot then the ground.  At first I thought it was ok until I picked it up and looked at the front.  I do have a screen protector on it so that held all the glass in.  I don't have any jagged edges to get cut on.


Keith thinks I can get the screen repaired and he told me not to pay more than $50 for it.  Naturally I don't have any insurance on it because I am always careful with my phone.  Right.  Once I get it fixed for a reasonable rate, then I am going to buy a case for it.  If I can't get it fixed, then I will have to deal with a shattered screen until November of 2015.


My phone works, I can get internet, text and talk on it.  The camera works both front and back.



2 comments:

Mmom said...

You can do everything on your phone, but you can't see anything. How does that work?

Mary~Momathon said...

Your poor phone! Glad you had such a good time!