Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sister Visit

I spent a week with my sister and her family.  My sister had a double mastectomy with reconstructive surgery about three weeks ago and I went out to help her.


I wish I was able to go on better circumstances.  I was glad that I was able to leave for 9 days and I spent a wonderful time taking care of the family.  My brother in law had to go back to work and my older niece had many appointments.


It was a busy week and it all went so very fast.  It has been a while since I had to chase three little kids but it was all fun.  Had to give a time out only once and the only casualty of the week was my phone.


It was hard to leave yesterday, especially when Mary had just received the diagnosis from re oncologist.  We didn't have time to talk about it. 


It was a busy week by going to parks, the movie, the zoo, school and running errands.  I didn't have to cook any meals as friends were bringing dinners every other day.  The only time I cooked was on Saturday when the kids wanted eggs.

2 comments:

Mmom said...

Glad you had a good time in spite of the circumstances.

Mary~Momathon said...

Thank you so much for coming! I agree, we needed one more day.