Monday, April 21, 2014

Mary's List

I spent 9 wonderful day with my sister Mary and her family.  Wish it was under better circumstances but I am glad that I was able to drop everything here to be able to take care of her.  My job was to help with cleaning her house, taking care of the kids and any other stuff that I needed to do.


Mary had made a list of things for me to do, good thing she told me after I got there.  I was able to knock off a lot on her list, some she was able to do by the time I arrived like brushing her hair and putting it in a pony.


I didn't clean her car, help with her socks & shoes (she wore flip flops), visit with her neighbors over the fence (they weren't out), I did talk to one out in the front of the house.  Didn't train the puppy, go to Hobby Lobby or return books.  The trunk was already emptied. Keith took the trash to the corner on Monday night.  The school wouldn't allow the paperwork to leave the office, she can take care of that later.  Mary hasn't decided what her "retail" therapy will be yet, but she does have some ideas.


I did clean house but not the entire house, had help from Lexie.  Laundry detail I had help from Lexie and Keith.  We had laundry going all the time. 


I did make hot tea for Mary, but by the end of the week she was able to lift and pour the kettle herself.


Aunt Patty's Chore List:

Wake up too early with the kids, help them go potty, get dressed, brush teeth and find matching socks.
Feed the kids eight times a day.
Clean up after said feedings.
Feed and water the dog. PS - we're out of dog food.
Make lunchboxes
Homeschool Gracie and Libby. Catch up on their homeschool folders.
Check with their teachers and find out if they are caught up, behaving, etc.
Take the girls to school and go pick them up again.
Explain to Charlie why he didn't get to go to school too.
Empty the trunk of my car. It's full of donation bags that need to go in the donation bin. They've been there for over two weeks.
Clean my car. Good Lord, it probably needs it by now!
Clean my house. The whole entire house. It's not terrible, but it's neglected.
Take out the trash. I nag and nag and nag, and yet, the trash cans are all full.
Monday night take it to the curb.
Mop my floor. Oh please! It's just nasty!
Open the door for me. Shut the door for me.
Open my water bottles.
Open my medicine bottles.
Make coffee. Make hot tea. I can't lift the pot of water to make it or pour it.
Laundry.
Dishes.
Bring me food and beverages and medicine as requested.
Help me put my socks and shoes on. In fact, I lost my shoes. No clue where they might be these days.
Help the kids with their socks and shoes too.
Listen while I take a shower just in case I topple over in there.
Save me if I do.
Take the kids to the park and run the hyper right out of them.
Brush my hair.
Put my hair in a pony tail.
Give the kids baths, brush them, and check for lice. I always think they need to be checked for lice.
Change the sheets on the girls' beds.
Clean the girls' room. The lost their floor (among other things)
Train my stupid puppy.
Visit with my neighbors over the back fence.
Go to the Farmer's Market and get me a green smoothie. I've wanted on for a long time!
Visit with my friends as they come over, return their dishes to them, etc.
Take some paperwork to an office and turn it in for me.
Take me to the school and help me fill out the paperwork for next fall.
Take Gracie to the movies.
Trim Libby's nails.
Go to Hobby Lobby and buy half yard of fabric, I'll give her a swatch. It must match perfectly.
Return library books to Michelle's Place for me.
Help me with my "Retail Therapy" since I just had a major surgery, hmm, what should I buy to treat myself for it? She can help me shop!
 





1 comment:

Mary~Momathon said...

You did a great job! Thanks for completing most of my list and doing lots of extra things along the way! It was so nice having you here. I can't thank you enough!